Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 3-4 of the 30 Day Craft Challenge

Hi again,


Well, tonight I am here to share with you a couple more day's worth of Linda's craftiness that I entered in the challenge.


Day 3 Velvet



On day three, my challenge was to include velvet. I had stamped this stamp from a friend onto some paper a few weeks ago and have been looking at it for aaaaages wanting to use it somewhere. when I saw the theme for the day was velvet, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.


The stamp is from Kazsazz but unfortunately not available anymore. Once I had stamped it onto white card, I coloured it using my water colour pencils. Then used a wet brush to blend it nicely. I used to distress markers to highlight certain parts of the image.


Then I added yellow velvet ribbon and some gorgeous Prima (I think) velvet flowers, foam dotted it onto green card, added the greeting and a couple pearly dots and there you have it!!!!




Day 4 Family






When I saw the theme of family, I immediately thought of my best friend's little boy - who is my godson. I simply adore him and his two brothers and sister. As his birthday is coming up in June I thought it was a great idea to get ahead and make his card so I didn't have to rush.


I already had the image cut out (leftover from a scarp layout) and just knew he wud love seeing himself on a card.


I had won - back in Jan/Feb, a gorgeous Kaiser 'Fine and Sunny' pack which I hadn't used yet and so I pulled it out and basically used some of the things included. I cut out the sticker banner and placed them onto car, then glossy accented them - to give them some dimension. I like how I added one to the stick Si is holding.


Well, it's getting late and I must be to bed! Hope ur enjoying what I have to share.


See ya
L xo

No comments:

Post a Comment